The paramount objective of the Perth Forum is to harness the power of both government and business to end modern slavery. Addressing the issues of modern slavery is complex, involving a range of stakeholders, across a diverse and dynamic region.
As a framework for the Perth Forum, seven key principles were developed by the Business Co-Chairs and Business Leaders.
Outcomes, initiatives and projects must:
- Provide a combination of regional and national solutions.
- Be business-led, and utilise both business and government resources
- Contribute and drive forward innovative and effective solutions.
- Be scalable solutions across the breadth of business sectors.
- Provide options to reflect different capacities and contexts of businesses and governments.
- Collaborate with a wide range of stakeholders to identify and leverage
existing relevant work.
- (Above all) positively impact the eradication of slavery, prevent
exploitation and protect victims.